How are you going to make a lasting and memorable impact with your presentation if most of it will be forgotten by your audience in 2 days?
Most will be the evidence and proof you provided. Evidence and proof don’t persuade your audience. They are included so your audience can believe in you. What really persuades an audience is what engaged them in the first place. Your audience will have made a decision about you and your presentation very early based on:
- how they feel about you
- how they feel about themselves in your company
- their reaction to how you communicate
- how they feel about your content
To hook their attention, interest and ultimately, their commitment, show you consider them and their lives, concerns and preoccupations.
- Prepare: Find out who’ll be present beforehand – their background, their experience, their power to influence. Wherever possible talk to them about their concerns and show your support.
- Show: During your presentation, show you understand their thoughts, worries, expectations and concerns. Note of their power to change things.
When your audience feels good about you, they’ll like you and will want to say “Yes” to you.