What are people unconsciously picking up from you, in the first 4 seconds that you come into the room?
- Your intention, your purposefulness, your commitment to being fully present
- How you present yourself – how you dress, how you take care of your appearance
- Your education, your background
- How you value yourself – Do you behave with self belief, self respect and self confidence, what are they picking up from your poise and manner?
- Where you put your focus and energy – Is the other person important to you? How well do you listen them? How well do you take them into consideration?
- What you say and more especially how you say it – The style of language, the voice, delivery, tone, pitch, possibly your place of birth (if you have a regional accent)
- How you take action – how energetically do you put across what you want to say? How committed are you in your follow through?
- And absolutely essential, how well do you understand your audience? How do you make that person or people feel about themselves in your company?
I repeat, how do people feel about themselves in your company?